Thursday, July 31, 2008



Well I knew that once we got the kids packed off to summer camp that our electric bill would be lighter but I was shocked by how much it went down!
The kids were gone most of a billing cycle(3 weeks for 2 of them, and the 3rd kid is still at camp working).
Our bill decreased by a THIRD! And it wasn't because our rates went down or something cool like that.lol

3 Weeks of not running to turn the A/C unit on as soon as they got up in the a.m......3 weeks of less laundry to wash and not using the dryer when I did wash clothes.....3 weeks of less dishwasher running too....3 weeks of not having the upstairs computer on 24/7 and room lights and the tv when nobody was in the room and their celing fans when no one was in the room, etc. etc. etc.

Being July, we did have the increased usage with the pool filter running. But even that added draw on the grid didn't negate all the other energy NOT wasted by the young'uns.

Ok, so I did keep from using the evil dryer during this time too which added to the decrease in usage.
With #1 son away working at camp, his bedroom became my auxillary laundry drying room. The overhead bunk on his futon bed was just right for hanging wet clothes on hangers so they could dry even if rain kept me from hanging clothes outside.

Pelt me with some Soap Nuts for that.

Sluggy

1 comment:

Sonya Ann said...

If you want I could ship DJ to you just to get the bill back to where it should be! Fine I won't I'm not that mean. Now if only the food bills would go down!